Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life and learning...



so here we are again, I took a little detour in life (and from running) to get my head on straight, I've had to make some hard decisions in the past month, including deciding on what path is really right for me (at this point in my life). The first things I addressed were things that I am passionate about in my life, things like teaching yoga, my personal fitness goals, my career etc. While I was pressing the pause button on my life 3 major things happened. The most important person in my life emailed me telling me that she was diagnosed with cancer, one of my favorite people is moving out of my life (temporarily but still a little soon for my liking) to pursue one of his big goals and a great friend and co-worker took me aside to knock some sense into me. I mention this because I find it ironic how often when opportunities come flying at you and life is so chaotic and you've created this internal stress and 'disconnect' that stops you from REALLY living (and sleeping!) you can not only miss what's actually going on in the present moment but something like these 3 events can rock you so hard that it freezes you in every sense of the word. It also seems to automatically make all the answers (that were covered in mud a week ago) appear clearer than they've ever been, and on top of that adds a perspective that was waiting to be discovered.

In the past week I have let my body and mind let 'me' back in. I see more clearly than ever that Yin is what I am most passionate about teaching, I see that building a real community though my work is where I feel the most satisfaction. I feel confident in my ability to be a powerful leader and coach to many people including myself. I am optimistic in my growth as a professional and a partner. I feel bigger and have cleared away the limits I was putting on myself.

Expect to see more rants and funny stories to come as a pursue another goal of being a published adventure/travel writer. Thank you so much to everyone who continue to push me to move beyond mediocrity.



I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, others come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.
Dr. Seuss

1 comment: