Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Rainy days bring out the best goals....



Hi again, it's me. I have decided that I love to blog and I don't do it nearly enough. I could make excuses and say I don't have the time...but in life if you love something you always make time. On a rainy day a couple of weeks ago I created a goal circle in my house. Let me explain. in the movie Tenacious D and the pick of destiny (starring the always adorable Jack Black...and the other guy) the band creates a circle in their living to create a song. The proceed to both jump in the circle and while one furiously plays different riffs the other tries to look for the 'meat' of the song. In the movie it doesn't go well but makes for a good laugh. In my life it did go well. After years of reading epic books, going on amazing trips and meeting some astounding people, I have decided that my calling is to write about it. To tell you about the experiences I've had, the adventures I have been on and pieces of what i took from the amazing people I've met. This is a goal I've always had and wanted to pursue but had been too afraid up until this point. I was always under the impression that if you didn't have a salary job and a couple of degrees to back it up then you weren't really of any value. I have seen that in the past year as I have struggled here in Vancouver to find what I really want. I really had to spend some time with some amazing people like Caro Roper, Adam Millard, Katie Muphy, Emily Taylor, Chlow Gow-Jarrett, Jacqueline Jennings and Christine Tetrault. These people have made me realize a lot about myself, my goals, my life and what direction I am putting myself in. Which brings me to my second realization...Lululemon is the right company for me. Coming here to pursue goals at the SSC was a scary move (one I'm still experiencing), the amount of growing and learning I have done in the last 8 months has been a journey like no other. i will continue to grow with this company, with newly established goals and a strong support system of amazing people that far exceed the list in this post. I am looking forward to reaching out to the community with the Manifestival this July, starting my Guerilla Yoga company with Brenda and continuing to learn to listen so my 'growth' isn't as painful.

Get excited people. Oli has finally arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment