Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I hate running...day #5


Weight: 165 lbs
Goal: 140-145lbs
Difference: 20lbs-25lbs
Distance: 6.0k 1 hour (Ran- 30 minutes/Walk- 30 minutes)

Well here we are again, after a busy week (and a brief meeting with the food poisoning fairy) Jake and I hit the seawall wednesday morning with fire in our belly. It took slightly less coaxing given that we missed Monday (and by missed I mean skipped- not to be confused with actually 'missing running'). As began our jaunt I already felt a slight tweak in my right knee which caused Jake and I to turn around prematurely and walk back. As much as I completely detest the physicalness of running I do like the change it is causing in my body and energy level- It has also been very cathartic in many ways for both Jake and my relationship as well...so needless to say I was a little disappointed when my knee called out to me to stop. After we got back and I headed into work I immediately went to the experts (i.e. everyone that works at the Lemon), I was told that my hamstrings and quads need to be stretched more, I have some imbalances in my feet and muscles and that I need to be making sure that I am using my whole foot to run. Now what this sounds like in my head is "For the love of everything that is holy Oli- Quit running". I can assure you that this will not be the case, for as much as I hate this pastime, all the feelings associated with being out of breath and what I call the 'giggle factor'....I am not a quitter. I am at the point where I feel like I haven't really ran yet... my plan is to run 10k (without walking) so I can actually form an opinion on whether I actually 'hate' running. I will rest up the knee and keep walking to work and resume the quest this Saturday. Don't worry friends...the flame is still alive (its just been sprayed with lactic acid, cramping, wheezing and muscles spasms)

No comments:

Post a Comment