Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

i hate running...day #4


Weight: 165 lbs
Goal: 140-145lbs
Difference: 20lbs-25lbs
Distance: 8.0k 1 hour (Ran- 40 minutes/Walk- 20 minutes)

I admit day four came faster than I had expected, however I woke up with a renewed energy (and a slightly smaller Ganglion Cyst after carefully pounding it down with the Gita to flatten it out- jk). i have definitely been feeling the effects of running all over my body and was looking forward to seeing how far we could push ourselves this morning. As we started our trek I could already notice an increase in our initial pace and a slight decreases in excuses, complaints and time checks. We worked a couple run for 3 minute walk for 1, but overall stuck to the plan of the 2:1 ratio given that the giggle factor that often discourages me was still very much present on the lower half of my body. I was very surprised to see that I could maintain the pace we started with, and was smiling ear to ear when we passed the 7k mark. Near the end of the run I almost felt as though I probably could have gone a little further (don't tell Jake). No real 'Snow White' moments regarding the wildlife of Stanley Park (whom I genuinely believe are trying to impede upon my progress). A friend suggested that since starting this challenge that I should set a goal of running the Sun Run next year or doing an Iron Man or some crap like that. As a person who loves to inspire I will consider possibly running in something someday...however my short term goals with running currently include; running without thinking about throwing myself onto rocks when we try and jog up any minor incline and not wanting to give up every 4-6 seconds. So let's me patient fans. Who knows I may surprise you.

1 comment:

  1. way to go! i love reading your posts. running's a bitch, haha, but it's also awesome. i can't wait to see how this blog progresses...!
    xo
    kelly s.

    ReplyDelete