Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

i hate running...day #3


Weight: 165 lbs
Goal: 140-145lbs
Difference: 20lbs-25lbs
Distance: 7km 1 hour (Ran- 35 minutes/Walk 25 minutes)

Well here we are again, day three. After almost tripping over 3 pigeons (and what i thought was an albino duck), Jake and I began are quest to conquer the seawall (and by conquer the seawall I mean my size 6 jeans). We began around the crack of noon (it would have been earlier but I had about 40 excuses methodically laid out), we ended up going the same distance (3.5km) in less time! which was great! when we turned around for the other half of our 'marathon of hope'...it hit. Please if you are not sitting down you may want to.

Katie Murphy (Kitsilano's running & food expert expert to the stars i.e. me) informed me that I have developed what is called a ganglion cyst (also known as a Bible cyst which comes from a common urban legend that treatment in the past has consisted of pounding on the cyst with a Bible or another large book) on the front of my shin. Fear not fans...it essentially looks like a little bruise (but packs a punch when grazed by one of the 400 tame animals that leap out of Stanley Park- trying to sabotage my quest for fitness). Side note; right around the time I noticed the cyst I couldn't help but also notice my calves had seized to the size of apricots.

So let me paint a picture...Jake and I are half way around the seawall and I'm walking like I haven't gotten off a horse in about 26 years...there's animals everywhere...some odd photo-shoot involving a girl in a small bikini, and a guy trying to pass me on a unicycle. Mayhem. Why am I doing this again?

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment