Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

i hate running....day #2


Weight: 167 lbs
Goal: 140-145lbs
Difference: 22lbs-27lbs
Distance: 7km 1 hour (Ran- 40 minutes/Walk 20 minutes)

So day two, I peeled myself out of bed a little early (to ensure that I had some recovery time before work)...we started on our adventure, continuing with the 2 minute/1 minute routine we committed to. Today was noticeably a bit easier, its seems as though I am developing a bit of 'style'. I still get a little discouraged (and mentally give up about 6 times), Jake is really awesome about being patient and not taking any of my excuses (or pleas for a break). I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near to actually 'liking' running...I think I am entering the hopeful/tolerating stage. The view and wildlife around the seawall almost cancel the feeling of exhaustion and impossibility. something i have noticed is the wildlife in Vancouver is dramatically different then that of Toronto. Since moving here I have almost stepped on 3 skunks, 4 raccoons, 2 squirrels and I am convinced if I put my hand out a finch will more than likely land on it. I feel like Snow White with dreads. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment